From academic year 2009/10, the EUETIB is going to begin with six new degrees adapted to the European Higher Education Area (four academic years):
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (Apart from the common disciplines within the Industrial Engineering, the graduates will learn the basics and technology of power supply and generation, the control and protection of electrical systems. You will learn in depth electric machines, installations of high, medium and low voltage, the regulation and control of electric devices, electronics for this control and renewable energies.)
- Degree in Industrial Electronics and Automatic Control Engineering (Apart from the common disciplines within the Industrial Engineering, the graduates will learn the basics and applications of the industrial electronics and control. Students will analyze and synthesize electric and electronic circuits, and the techniques of industrial control and automation. They will also be specialized in industrial computing and field buses, instrumentation, monitoring and supervision of control systems, analogical, digital and power electronics.)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (The students will acquire knowledge, in addition to the common disciplines of industrial engineering, in production systems, material selection, and graphical representation of systems; hydraulic and thermal systems, industrial construction and machines design, as well as in the aspects of electrical engineering in which they will have competence, and also in project management, in dealing with standards and regulations, and in sustainable management.)
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (The students will acquire the technical knowledge and the skills needed to organize, design and control the production of chemical plants, as well as to manage and develop plans for quality control and environmental management. You will be an expert in the design, calculation, construction and operation of the facilities or equipment in which matter experiences a change of state, energy content or composition.)
- Degree in Biomedical Engineering (The objective is to train qualified people able to project, to direct and to coordinate activities related to public health products and services as far as their design, manufacture, evaluation and certification among others.)
- Degree in Energy Engineering (You will acquire a clear vision of energy, energy efficiency, energy savings, energy management, energy generation, and the elements of the energy market. You will be able to provide clear ideas on sustainability, global efficiency, professional ethics and all the elements allowing individuals, companies and institutions to adopt energy saving policies, sustainability and rationality in the use of energy. You will know in depth, in addition to conventional energy sources, renewable energies such as wind, solar thermal, photovoltaic, biomass, geothermal, mini hydraulics, the biogas, biofuels, hydrogen, fuel cells, etc. as well as will be general enough practitioners as engineers).
The first academic year all the subjects are commons for the six degrees and they are: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Graphical Expression, Informatics, Material Science, Company Fundamentals and Engineering Projects. Lectures are given in Spanish or Catalan, and some of them in English in the areas of Electrical, Electronic, Mechanics and Energy Engineering. It is also allowed to carry out the final project in English.
The EUETIB will be integrated into EEBE from 1st June 2016.
Master's degree in Energy Engineering: It was launched by the EUETIB, in conjunction with other centers.
Academic course 2016-2017 will be taught and managed by ETSEIB
It's an oficial study of UPC, which has two years of duration (120 ECTS).
The objective of this international master is to give answer at energetic troubles through different perspectives: resources, productions technologies, transports and energy distribution, enviromental impact, energy efficiency and rational use of energy. This master trains experts with the knowledge and skills necessary to analyze cases and to manage project generations, processing, distribution and consumption from different energy sources.
Currently it includes 4 specialties:
- Renewable energy
- Electrical energy
- Thermal energy
- Energy management